Join our Team
We are a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that learns from each other to support our clients. Come work with other professionals in a supportive and fun work environment with a schedule that works for you.
Allied Therapy is looking for an individual to provide remote administrative assistant support to the company. Hours will be a minimum of 35 hours/week. Salary is $35000 a year. Position is Halifax based, fully remote with some in-person work.
Key Job Functions:
· Assisting in preparing relevant documentation for the business;
· Working directly with the founder and operations lead;
· Coordinating and liaising with other members of the team;
· Monitoring the company phone and email, calling clients on behalf of other team members, liaising with community partners;
· Maintenance, Creation of posts, and troubleshooting for all Social Media Accounts held;
· Creating scripts, checklists, and templates for business needs;
· Ordering and creating resources for the Company;
· Creating and maintaining an inventory;
· Assist with the preparation for Company events as required including shopping for snacks/office supplies and monitoring of gift cards and receipts;
· Attending and running various community events; and
· Helping with basic accounting and marketing for the company under the direction of the Founder and operations lead
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
· Preference will be given to applicants who identify as African Nova Scotian, a person from the African diaspora, Person of Colour, a person with a disability, Indigenous, LGBTQ2+, and/or as being from any other group where access to a safe, inclusive work environment is a concern;
· High School Diploma;
· Possess a University degree in any Health sciences, General Business, Marketing, or Public Relations or equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered an asset;
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
· Experience using Social Media platforms, such as, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prioritize workload
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality;
· The ability to manage a reasonable workload; effective priority-setting and follow-up
· Role model the vision and values of the Company;
· Value the concept of teamwork and ability to work independently;
· Ability to deal with conflict, mediate, and problem solve;
· Quality of work to meet or exceed Company specifications; and
· Fluent in English.
If you are interested in this position, but do not possess all of the qualifications listed above, you should still apply! We are happy to coach on certain skill sets, especially for someone who has similar interests and wants to work with us!
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing why you are interested and how you would be a good fit with our team to email@example.com
Please be prepared to offer 2 professional references.
Start date August 22, 2022.
The Occupational Therapist will provide clinical services such as, but not limited to, screening, assessment, intervention, and home programming for children and adults. The caseload is located in the city of Halifax with travel throughout the Halifax Regional Municipality and Nova Scotia (travel outside of HRM with mileage covered).
· Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
· Member of the College of Occupational Therapy of Nova Scotia.
· Demonstrated planning, organizational and facilitation skills
· Demonstrated understanding of Sensory Processing Disorder (assessment and treatment) or a willingness to learn
· Demonstrated understanding of Trauma Informed Care
· A demonstrated use of evidence-based practice.
· Previous experience working in a community setting is an asset
· Experience with children and adults who have multiple needs is an asset
· Current valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle with insurance
· Fluency in French, Cantonese, or Arabic would be an asset
Start date- August 22, 2022
We currently do not have any other open opportunities but are always open to a conversation for prospective professionals. Shoot us your resume and we will consider you as our needs change.